Today we spent the morning at the local Shriner's Hospital. It has such a great feeling about it. It is beautiful inside, the patient rooms are a nice size, there is an abundance of parking, and everyone there is so nice!
Tyler went in for a presurgical consultation on his spine fusion. His scoliosis angle is 120 degrees. If you're not sure - that's huge! I'm not sure, yet, when his surgery will be, but this should make it much easier for him to be able to sit (after he's recovered).
Thank goodness they had a bed for him to lay on (lie on?). He was very unhappy with me for taking him anywhere hospital-like.
Then we went to the children's hospital to sign medical releases (again), got lunch, and went to his 2nd wheelchair fitting across town.Today's adventures:
* started last night
* I took a sleeping pill (to avoid alarm clock anxiety)
* threw it up 10 minutes later
* woke up at 6:30 to the sound of the doorbell - alarm didn't go off
* my mom gets Ty ready while I
* don't shower - just makeup, quick toothbrush, deodorant, change of clothes & we're off
* notice that I'm low on gas
* throw up (Ty this time) at Shriner's
* wow, I'm really low on gas
* Ty throws up at children's hospital parking garage
* take him out of chair and let him lay on front seat (he's tall enough now)
* holy smokes! running on fumes now
* wrongfully accuse husband of not filling up tank
* reminds me (kindly) that he took his car, not mine
* note to self: apologize profusely
* phew! find a gas station
* take scenic route to next appt (read sorta got lost)
* realize that Ty's tube (for throwing up) is back in the children's hospital parking garage
* run a few blocks away to buy a spare (lucky it was so close)
* Ty throws up while I'm gone
* grandma takes him out of his chair and gets creative
* Ty throws up on the way home (twice)
* Arrive home, big sigh............
And while today was not all Peaches 'n' Cream,
There's nothing like peaches fresh off the tree (and actually ripe)