Thursday, March 27, 2008

My whole life is built around reverse psychology...

or is it superstition? Wouldn't you know, it failed me for the first time.

The baby's results came back positive for Pertussis today. For the most part she is fine, but the nights are difficult. Luckily we suspected she was contagious early on and minimized her exposure to others.

Now I'm off to the pharmacy to fill prescriptions for all 7 of us.

Yes I know this was a risk I took when I didn't have her vaccinated, but considering Ty's experience can you blame me for waiting to start her shot series?

Hopefully, the antibiotics will work and everything will get back to some semblance of normal.

Dang it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch--that is a tough one. Hope she gets better soon and the rest of you stay well.

Mrs. O said...

thank you, me too!

Am'n2Deep said...

You know the slogan "Immunize by two it's up to you"? My slogan is "Immunize by three, it's up to me--immunize by four, I like that even more."

I am so sorry about your babe. I never did feel good about giving all of those shots in such a short time to those little tiny new bodies--so even without your experience with Ty, I understand.

I hope Gracie gets well very soon!