Here's the first edition
I've been tagged by Speechteach for a 7 Random Things About Me meme.
A reminder of the rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog
2) Share 7 facts about yourself
3) Tag 7 random people and include links to their blogs
4) Let each person know they have been tagged and comment on their blog.
1) I'm not particularly good at following rules. The ones that are actual legal code - yes, any others, not so much. I am pretty good at reading legalese and using it to the benefit of those I'm helping. (a little strange thing: I love word-smithing)
2) To tie in with #1, I play a mean game of Scrabble, but only if I'm the best speller in the group. Otherwise, I'm crap. I have a friend who used to play every Monday with her sister (dictionaries allowed). I won't play her because I know she'll whup the socks right off me, and she won't even have to crack a dictionary to do it. Hmmm, psychologically, what does that say about me?
3) According to the Hartman Color Code test, I'm a blue (probably with reddish undertones). Maybe that is why I'm a intermittent rule follower.
4) I have a brain that works, and a mouth that works overtime. Alas, there is no filter to keep my mouth in check, so I spend a fair amount of time making apologies or explanations.
5) I used to love to do 'stuff' with my kids. The kind of stuff that means "up to your elbows in messy, hands-on stuff" - now I'd just rather read aloud to them, dance with them, or cook with them.
6) I suffer from leadfootitis, but it is not as severe as it used to be. My boy will have his Learner's Permit in 2 1/2 years, so I better start setting the example of law-abiding citizenship.
7) I just mixed powdered milk for the kids' breakfast, because it's really too late to get to the store for it. And I think it's good for them to realize every once in awhile just how good they have it, by giving them just a taste of how things could be worse.
That's it. My fingers are solid blocks of ice, so I must stop now. Speechteach - thanks for tagging me. I would love anyone who reads this to do it too. If you don't have a blog, leave 7 random things about you in your comment.
And that is my cop-out for rules 3 & 4. Have a lovely Friday.