Friday, May 18, 2007

S.M.A.R.T. Habit Saturday


Thanks to Lara at the Lazy Organizerfor this motivator. I encourage you to click on the link to the left and participate.

This week I was going to work on making dinner each day. Well, I stunk at it, and I only made it three days out of seven. I did make some smoothies, but that's not quite dinner is it?

I think that habit will have to go on hold as Ty is going in to the hospital on Thursday - I suppose I could try for 5 out of 7 first though.

This next week I'm going to commit to drinking more water. I haven't been drinking anywhere near the amount I should be. I'll be trying to drink 100 ozs a day. I'm not going to be drinking just any water, but "base" water. It is water with a ph of 8.5 or 9. This is an effort to make my system more alkaline and less conducive to the cancer that seems determined not to vacate the premises - which is my neck.

So to sum up:
Making dinner - hah! this week will be better
Medical papers - pretty good
Journal - habit

11 comments:

Lara said...

Three meals is better than none! I don't manage dinner every night but I am doing so much better than I was. Good luck with your week and all your health trials. It does sound like you have more than your fair share!

An Ordinary Mom said...

I am with the Lazy Organizer, 3 is definitely better than none. You are making progress and that is what is important!

Good luck with all of your medical issues. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Peculiar Blogs said...

I have been reading about how MANY of our problems are from drinking enough water. I am willing to try! Seems like an easy enough solution. Good luck this week on your habit and prayers for you and for Ty. My 2 1/2 year old has surgery this week, too.

Robin said...

Something is better than nothing. I'm just starting SHS. I look forward to watching your progress. Healing prayers for you.

LadySnow said...

Lara is right...three meals is better than making none. Maybe this week you could shoot for making 4 or 5 meals and then up it the next week. As for the water...I hear ya! I need to drink more water too.

Montserrat said...

I forget to drink period. Which is not good when nursing a baby!

Dinner is fend-for-yourself at our house because lunch is our main meal, but when I do make dinner I usually make breakfast food like pancakes, waffles, muffins, etc.

Good luck this week!

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

Good job in making 3 meals this week! You gotta start somewhere!

Good luck this week with your water habit!

Michelle said...

Three meals is great in my book! We've had smoothies for dinner too. It's better than eating out in my book! lol Good luck with your water goal. I need to do that one too. I'm sorry to hear about the medical problems. I hope things get better for you. *hugs*

Mrs. O said...

Thank you for all your well wishes.

Rebecca said...

I think you did great this week. I think this is more about the process than the accomplishment. I think you are on the right track. Maybe cooking one or two larger meals during the week will give you a couple days to have leftovers and it won't seem so overwhelming. I pray for good health for you and your family. Cute kids too!

Anonymous said...

Tell me more about the water. How does it taste? I seem to remember reading that if our bodies were more alkaline many of our health problems would disappear.