Thursday, May 17, 2007

Aha!

We have the first results back on Ty's blood cultures. They found Staph in both blood cultures - the one drawn from his port and the one drawn from his arm. The good news is that I think this means he can keep his port in, the bad news is that now we have to get rid of it.

The results for the drug sensitivities should be back on Friday. He tried to have a fever again today, but it didn't get very high before it broke. He is starting to thrash a bit again, but it's not as bad as it's been.

We've redesigned the blog a bit to be a little easier on the eyes. You can now look up entries by labels as well, please forgive all the edits. I recommend that you start here (at the bottom) if it's your first time reading.


Another thank you I need to extend is to my neighbor, who sometimes serves as my own personal Ask-A-Nurse. She has always been very kind with her time and expertise, and manages to help me feel at peace with how things are going. Thank you Leann for answering my many questions.


Did I mention how great my neighbors are? One of them brought me this piece of sunshine today. Thank you!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers. They look very cheery.